How we collect information
- We collect information you give us. Some features and services on our web site ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address, or telephone number. We may also ask you to voluntarily share information as part of an online survey.
- We collect information we get from your use of our Site. We may collect information about:
- Devices you use to access the Site, such as hardware, operating system, and device identifiers.
- Log information such as search queries, internet protocol address, browser type, internet addresses that linked to our Site, date & time stamps, and your activities on our Site.
How we use information
- We use the information we collect from our Site to track web usage, improve the Site, and to protect our Site and our users. We also use information to send you appropriate subscription emails. We may occasionally send you other emails of interest, but you may decline emails from us when you manage your subscriptions.
- We use information collected from cookies for analytics, Site login information, and storage of Site preferences. Cookies are small text-files on your device that store information about your use of our Site. Please note that you may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Site, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, disabling cookies may cause our Site to run less efficiently.
How we share information
We do not sell, swap, or otherwise share personal information with advertisers or any other third parties except under the following circumstances:
- For analysis, we may share personal information in the aggregate, or stripped of any identifying information, with NEEA funders and project collaborators;
- For legal reasons, we will share information if we are required to by law, regulation, legal process or other enforceable governmental actions. Further, we will share information if the need arises to protect the rights, property or safety of NEEA, NEEA employees, users or the public.
Terms of Service
1) Your relationship with NEEA
Your use of NEEA’s web site and online services (referred to collectively as the “Site”) is subject to these terms of this legal agreement between you and NEEA. “NEEA” means the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance, Inc., an Oregon corporation.
These terms and conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and NEEA and govern your use of the Site. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to as the “Terms”.
2) Accepting the Terms
a. You accept the Terms by using the Site.
b. NEEA, from time to time, may update or modify the Site, Content and the Terms without prior notice. Each time you use the Site, you accept the Terms published at that time.
4) Proprietary rights
a. Unless otherwise indicated, NEEA owns all legal right, title and interest in and to the Site, including the Content and any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Site. “Content” means all trademarks, service marks, designs, texts, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, methods, inventions, sound files, articles, newsletters, reports, interactive applications, and compilations of material.
b. Unless you have agreed to otherwise in writing with NEEA, nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of NEEA’s trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, third party brand names, and other distinctive brand features.
5) NEEA’s license to you
a. NEEA grants you permission to access and use the site and to display, copy, print, and download the Content for personal, non-commercial use only, in accordance with these Terms and other rules and restrictions contained in the Site, provided you do not modify the Content and that you retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices contained in the Content. You may not use the Content for any other purpose, including publishing, copying, distributing, reproducing or displaying the Content, without prior written permission of NEEA.
b. This permission to use the Content terminates automatically if you breach any of the Terms.
6) Your license to NEEA
b. You confirm and warrant to NEEA that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.
7) Ending your relationship with NEEA
a. The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or NEEA as set out below. If you want to terminate your legal agreement with NEEA, you may do so by notifying NEEA at any time. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to NEEA’s address, which is set out at the end of these Terms. Your notice will be effective upon the third day after the date of deposit in the U.S. mail.
b. NEEA may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you if: (a) you have breached any provision of the Terms; (b) NEEA is required to do so by law; or (c), for any other reason, in NEEA’s sole discretion.
c. Upon termination of these Terms, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities which may reasonably be interpreted or construed as surviving the termination of these Terms shall survive the termination of these Terms.
8) EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES
a. You expressly understand and agree that you use the Site at your sole risk and that the Site is provided “As Is” and “As Available.”
b. IN PARTICULAR, NEEA, ITS FUNDERS, AND COLLABORATORS, DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
(A) YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,
(B) YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR,
(C) ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND
(D) THAT DEFECTS IN THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY SOFTWARE PROVIDED TO YOU AS PART OF THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED.
c. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
d. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM NEEA OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
e. NEEA FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
a. To the greatest extent allowable by Law, NEEA, its funders, and collaborators, shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability which arise from your use of the Site.
b. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless NEEA, its officers, directors, employees, agents and funders from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (1) your use of the Site; (2) your violation of the Terms; (3) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
10) Linked Sites; Third Party Content
a. The Site may include hyperlinks to other external web sites or content or resources. Such linked sites are for your convenience only. You access them at your own risk. NEEA shall not responsible for the availability, accuracy, content, or functioning of any external sites or resources and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from external web sites or resources.
11) Miscellaneous terms
a. The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and NEEA and govern your use of the Site (excluding any services which NEEA may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and NEEA in relation to the Site.
b. The failure of NEEA to exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy contained in the Terms or otherwise shall not be a formal waiver of NEEA’s rights. Such rights and remedies shall still be available to NEEA.
c. If any provision of the Terms is held invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms and the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
d. All claims arising out of Terms and disputes not settled by you and NEEA shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the then effective rules of the Arbitration Service of Portland, Inc.
e. The Terms, and your relationship with NEEA under the Terms, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon. You and NEEA agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Multnomah, Oregon to resolve any legal matter arising from the Terms. Notwithstanding this, you agree that NEEA will still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
Questions, comments, or notices regarding the Site and these Terms should be directed to:
421 SW Sixth Ave., Suite 600
Portland, Oregon 97204.
1-800-411-0834 or 503-688-5400