Cost-Effective Code Compliance: Lighting
The February 2 webinar will cover electrical and lighting provisions of the Seattle and Washington state energy codes for “commercial buildings,” highlighting requirements that are new to this year’s code and the differences between the Seattle and state codes. (“Commercial buildings” include multifamily buildings taller than 3 stories.) Discussion topics will include new lighting power allowances, LLLCs for open office, lighting for “indoor horticulture,” special rules for dwelling units, controlled receptacles, renewable energy, lighting alterations, metering, commissioning, and more. Duane Jonlin, FAIA, will explain the WA and Seattle code requirements, while special guests Shaun Darragh from the Lighting Design Lab (and some solar panel installer) will discuss design ideas for compliance. Q&A time to follow.
Attendees will learn to:
- Reduce energy use by optimizing lighting systems
- Identify significant new lighting and electrical code provisions
- Understand lighting control requirements and compliance options
- Provide commissioning and energy metering effectively
- Provide code-compliant renewable energy and “solar readiness”